CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

RACE FOR THE CURE - MAY 9, 2009











Last year my mom and my sisters and I walked the Race for the Cure, just 10 days after my mom had her breast surgery. We raced with hope,faith and uncertainty with the recent news Breast Cancer and chemotherapy. This year we raced to celebrate! There was quite a few of us that walked. My grandparents came from Boise, as well as a few of my mom's siblings as well. My sisters and I and our families aalso walked as well as a few of my mom's friends. In total I think there was 30 of us. It was so neat to celebrate this with my mom this year, and it ironically was also her BIRTHDAY! What a difference one year makes. It was emotional to see all the Survivors walking with their pink hats and pink shirts. Everyone walked the race including our kids. It was a very special day to dedicate solely to my mom and her birthday and her battle the past year with breast cancer.

1 comments:

Gunn Family

YEAH! What a celebration! Your Mom deserves it! She is a strong woman and to have endured all of that within a year! So glad everyone turned out to support her celebration! (I think race for the cure is such a fun, emotional, and inspiring race!! We love it too.)