CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where Were You....


January 20, 2009 is a day that is one that we will all remember where we were when the 1st black president of the United States was inaugurated into office. I cannot imagine the pride and historic relevance this has on the African American population in the United States. I felt very happy for our little Jackson today. What a momentous day in history that he will be able to look back on one day with such pride. Our country has come such a long way and for the most part has been able to look past the color of ones skin to the content of their character as Martin Luther King Jr. once said. I have a lot of hope for our country and I hope that President Obama is the answer we are looking for. I felt very proud looking at Jackson yesterday and explaining to him what a neat day it was. Even though he did not fully grasp what I was saying, I know it will have an impact on his life.

1 comments:

Gunn Family

I totally made my kids watch it. I thought it was really cool to see. He seems like such a classy guy, I just hope he can "change" america! So cool for little Jackson too!