CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift. That's why they call it "The Present" - You did it MOM!!





I haven't posted forever, but life has been hectic with Holidays etc. Now that the holidays are over I am excited to post everything that has been going on in our family in the last 2 months.
My mom completed her chemotherapy treatments and radiation treatments for Breast Cancer in the middle of November. Little did she know that her family and very closest friends had been planning a surprise party for months to celebrate this huge accomplishment. We had it on Friday, November 21st at my sister's ward house. We decked it out in pink. I have to say, for a ward house, it looked pretty good. We had a band, a clown (my uncle), a toast by my Grandpa, Nile, and my Step Dad Ty. Needless to say it was an extremely emotional evening. My mom was 100% surprised. I have never seen a reaction to a surprise party than the look on my mom's face. She looked like she was either mad or going to pass out. It was a lot for her to take in and to grasp. There were 100 people in attendance that evening. All of my mom's family from Boise, ID drove in town for the event, including my grandparents, which was the most meaningful of all to my mom. Also, my mom's dearest friend in thew whole world flew in from Seattle to be there. It was a very special night. One I will never forget. Here are a few pictures from that night - everyone wore pink in celebration.

0 comments: